Make. Play. Learn. Flourish
Art and craft workshops for boys and girls 6 – 12 years old.
The art (and joy!) of hands on making is undervalued. Technology and devices dominate children’s lives. With little time-out from their screens – children often miss out on the fun and creativity of art and craft activities also known as maker-centred learning.
The most significant benefits of maker-centred learning for young people are that they build:
- self esteem
- a sense of self
- fine motor skills
- creative problem solving abilities
- a sense of community
This empowers them to engage with – and shape – their world. * Source: Harvard Graduate School of Education
Our children’s craft and sewing workshops and parties ignite childrens’ imaginations and tap into their natural ability for creative expression. We design and deliver craft events for 6-12 year olds and offer craft kits (available soon) that engage, inspire and delight. They draw on children’s natural creative resources to make a wide-range of projects and materials that build their skills and give them a real sense of personal pride and achievement.
Our passion – and purpose – is nurturing children’s imaginations through the visual arts to sustain creativity, curiousity, connection and empathy.
- Pop-up craft events and workshops around the Sydney metropolitan area.
- Craft birthday parties
- After school workshops – coming soon
- School holiday craft events – we will have details of our December 2018 events in the Inner West and Eastern Suburbs soon.
- Craft birthday party kits – coming soon.
- Craft kits delivered to your home – coming soon.
For over 5 years, we have been designing and delivering art and craft workshops in the Sydney Children’s Hospital ArtEx Workshop Program with primary school children, teenagers AND parents (and sometimes their family, doctors, nurses and teachers join in!)
* Maker-centered learning and the development of self: preliminary findings of the Agency by Design project. White paper presented by Agency by Design, Project Zero, Harvard Graduate School of Education, January 2015
Call us today on m: 0403 284 124
Or sign up for our newsletter below. We’ll keep you posted on all the latest craft trends, upcoming events and more.